• Was awarded an athletic grant-in-aid for his senior season, after playing the previous two years as a walk-on.
• Scarcely used this season until mid-January, when teammates’ injuries forced him into a more prominent spot in rotation. Played then-season-high 14 minutes and hit two 3-pointers in first half against Vandy on Jan. 14.
• Set career scoring high of 10 points in SEC Tournament quarterfinal vs. Arkansas.
• Sank a key second-half 3-pointer in win at Texas A&M.
• All 22 of his career FGs came from 3-point range.
• On schedule to graduate in May 2015 with degree in Ecology.
• Played significant role in Georgia's win over Lipscomb with 9 points (3x5 3-pt FGs) in 23 minutes.
• Also played 15 minutes vs. Chattanooga, scoring three points.
• All 27 of his career points have come from beyond the 3-point arc.
• Non-scholarship player who made the team through tryouts in September, 2012.
• Scored over 1,000 points during his career at Eagles Landing Christian Academy
• Twice an All-Region selection and an Honorable Mention All-State pick as a senior in 2011.
• Older sister Julia plays softball at Mississippi State.
Full Name: Taylor Kennedy Echols
Birthdate/Birthplace: Sept. 17, 1992 / Atlanta
Parents: Lee and Kim Echols
Nickname: Hunker Down
Academic Major: Ecology
Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother
Websites I most often visit: You Tube, Facebook, Pandora
Favorite Video Game: Call of Duty, Madden
Favorite Foods: Fried Catfish and Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Yams
Favorite Academic Subject: Marine Science
Most Challenging Academic Subject: Calculus
Non-Basketball Interests and Hobbies: Playing guitar, Fishing, Scuba Diving
How my teammates would describe me: Quiet
Sports I'd Most Like to Try: Polo, Surfing
Teammate that makes me laugh the hardest: Nemi Djurisic
My Most Prized Possession: My family
Pre-Game Ritual: Listen to Lecrae
Post-Game Ritual: Meditate on the game
Non-Athletic Accomplishment I'm proudest of: Being accepted into UGA
Athletic Accomplishment I'm proudest of: Making the UGA basketball team
Favorite NBA Team: San Antonio Spurs because they're fun to watch and win with experience
Favorite Non-Basketball Athlete and Why: Tim Tebow because he's a great competitor and a Christian leader
What drives me to excel in basketball: Representing Jesus Christ by doing the best I can
When I was young and playing basketball, I used to pretend I was: Pete Maravich
The thing I like most about being part of this team: Getting to know all of the guys and being a part of something greater than myself