Stegeman Coliseum Expansion
The University of Georgia Athletic Association has committed to funding a $13 million renovation of Stegeman Coliseum, upgrading the fan experience and enhancing the aesthetics.
About The Expansion
The existing main concourse level of approximately 30,000 square feet wase fully renovated, including modernization and addition of restrooms, upgrades to concession area, a new merchandising area, a first aid room, a new ticket sales area, and new graphics and way finding signage. The renovation did not affect seating within the bowl.
- 10,000 sq. ft. expanded lobby space (includes both sides)
- 30,000 sq. ft. renovated concourse/ restrooms/ concessions
- Restrooms brought up to current plumbing fixture codes including women's restrooms increased by 59 water closets, men's restrooms remove round stand around sinks and add new sinks and 2 family restrooms
- Concessions have upgraded menu selections.
- Existing Built in Concessions increased from 15 points of sale to 22.
- Existing Portable Concessions expanded from 6 points of sale to a minimum of 3 at each lobby.
- Novelties at 3 locations: portables at both new lobbies and a built in permanent sales area at the Olympic Plaza end.
Renovations began on May 12, 2010 and were functionally complete in time for the 2010-11 basketball season. The expansion was officially dedicated on Jan. 18.