Facilities

Turner Soccer Complex
Turner Soccer Complex

Stegeman Coliseum has undergone thorough renovations in the last few years, including expansion of the seating area, new scoreboards, painting, new scoring and press tables, and in 1998, a new, state-of-the art basketball floor.
Capacity: 1,750
First game: vs. Mercer (1998)

Address | Directions:
2330 South Milledge Ave.
Athens, GA 30605

Photo Gallery | Buy a brick

UGA SOCCER STADIUM
The UGA Soccer Complex/Georgia Softball Stadium is the home of the Bulldogs' soccer and softball programs. The soccer portion of the complex opened September 1, 1998 when Georgia played host to Mercer, winning 1-0. In 2000, the UGA Soccer Stadium served as the site of the Southeastern Conference Women's Soccer Tournament. Host school Georgia welcomed thousands of fans, several media members, and the other seven competing teams and staffs to Athens for the four-day event. The Bulldogs felt right at home as they advanced to their first-ever tournament final, facing eventual champion Florida in front of 2,265 fans, the fourth largest crowd in facility history. Other recent improvements to the complex have been made with the intention of enhancing the fan experience. Such projects include new restrooms, an expanded concession stand and promotions booth, all located just underneath the grandstands.

In 2005, the stadium saw the addition of a new DAKTRONICS scoreboard with a digital video and graphics display. Some of the new equipment's capabilities will include the display of video headshots of players and coaches, highlight videos and promotional and crowd-pumping messages.

Georgia played host to the first and second rounds of the 2007 NCAA Tournament at the UGA Soccer Stadium, and also played host to the Georgia Nike Invitational from 2007-10.

TURNER SOCCER COMPLEX
In 2006, the Georgia Soccer locker room and offices were renamed the Turner Soccer Complex, recognizing the contributions and support received from the Hoyt "Jack" Turner family of Athens.

Turner's significant financial contributions have helped to provide the Georgia soccer program with the top-notch facility that it now enjoys. Turner is a former Georgia baseball (1951) and basketball (1951-52) player who also has served as the volunteer chairman of the Athletic Scholarship Endowment Program. In addition to its contributions made to the soccer program, the Turner family has endowed 10 scholarships for football, men's and women's basketball, gymnastics and baseball.

A 1953 graduate of UGA's Terry College of Business, Turner received a Distinguished Service Award from the college in 2002. The retired chairman of American Funds Distributors, he established the Turner Family Foundation in support of local charities.

Already one of the finest Division I soccer facilities in the nation, the evolution of the Turner Soccer Complex continued during 2006 with the construction of brand new players' locker rooms. Inside the clubhouse, aesthetic improvements are constantly being made, including the display of past team photos and awards and the addition of new lightboards to highlight the program's past successes. The building also features state-of-the-art video and training equipment, a full-service kitchen and catering area, players' lounge and coaches' offices.

Shop here for Bulldogs gear

SHOP NOW

At the Official Online Store

    Auctions
    Twitter Facebook Instagram Google