Sept. 19, 2012
ATHENS, Ga. – The University of Georgia volleyball team returns to the friendly confines of the Ramsey Student Center this weekend when it takes on the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Arkansas Razorbacks in Southeastern Conference action. The Bulldogs enter the weekend with a 7-4 record, including a 1-1 mark in the SEC. Alabama is 12-2 overall and 1-1 in league play, while Arkansas owns a 9-3 record and is 0-1 in the SEC.
Friday, September 21
Georgia vs. Alabama – 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 23
Georgia vs. Arkansas – 1 p.m.
• Live stats will be available at www.georgiadogs.com
• Live audio and video will be available through GTV
• Against the Crimson Tide: Georgia owns the all-time record against Alabama 21-20. The Crimson Tide narrowed the margin of wins by the Bulldogs with a pair of wins last season.
• Against Arkansas: UGA trails Arkansas 9-16 in the all-time series. The Bulldogs took both contests last season 3-2.
• A Look Back: Georgia went 1-1 in the opening weekend of Southeastern Conference play. Georgia fell to the undefeated South Carolina Gamecocks on Friday before taking a 3-1 win over Mississippi State on Sunday afternoon.
• Home Sweet Home: Georgia is returning to the friendly confines of the Ramsey Student Center for the first time since the 2012 season’s opening weekend. The Bulldogs have been away for the past three weeks. The home stand will be short, as Georgia travels to Missouri next weekend.
• Bahr: Briana Bahr has been on fire recently, hitting .402 in her last four matches. The senior totaled a career-best 17 kills against IPFW and was one kill shy of that mark against Mississippi State last weekend. Against South Carolina, Bahr led the team with 12 kills and hit .632. She followed that performance with a 16 kill, .448 attack percentage performance against Mississippi State. During the opening of SEC play, she led the team with 28 kills and an attack percentage of .521.