Senior Cameron Ellis
April 3, 2011
The Bulldogs took to an early lead to sweep the doubles point. First off the court, the pair of Chelsey Gullickson and Kate Fuller, ranked No. 9 in the country, defeated Alexandra Perper and Olesya Tsigvintseva 8-0. The duo of Cameron Ellis and Alexandra Anghelescu clinched the doubles point with an 8-1 win over Roseline Dion and Jordan Zachary. The win marks Ellis’ 100th doubles victory which ranks second best in Bulldog history. To finish the sweep, the pair of Lilly Kimbell and Nadja Gilchrist defeated Jordan Zachary and Roseline Dion 8-1.
“I felt like after the doubles match our players came out and it was unfortunate we weren’t able to play another match on the number six court so we were automatically up 2-0,” said head coach Jeff Wallace. “Cameron being a senior and it’s her last regular home season match just had another great day. She’s had such an inspiring career and such a fantastic year, and it’s nice to see her go undefeated in her senior season at home. We have a lot of big things in front of us, but it’s just been remarkable what she’s been able to do and what she brings to the program every single day. It’s nice that we got another big SEC win, and I’m just especially proud of her and what she’s been able to do.”
Sophomore Kelli Jordan took the first point in singles with a win by default against Roseline Dion.
“It’s pretty exciting,” said senior Cameron Ellis. “It’s definitely bitter sweet being my last match in
1. #91 Maho Kowase (UGA) def. Alexandra Perper (MSU) 7-6 (7-5), 6-3
2. Mariia Ryzhova (MSU) def. Alexandra Anghelescu (UGA) 3-6, 5-5, retired
3. Lilly Kimbell (UGA) def. Danielle Terpko (MSU) 6-4, 6-3
4. #87 Cameron Ellis (UGA) def. Olesya Tsigvintseva (MSU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Kate Fuller (UGA) def. Vivian Pietraroia (MSU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Kelli Jordan (UGA) def. Roseline Dion (MSU), by default
1. #9 Chelsey Gullickson/Kate Fuller (UGA) def. Alexandra Perper/Olesya Tsigvintseva (MSU) 8-0
2. #50 Lilly Kimbell/Nadja Gilchrist (UGA) def. Danielle Terpko/Vivian Pietraroia (MSU) 8-2
3. Cameron Ellis/Alexandra Anghelescu (UGA) def. Jordan Zachary/Roseline Dion (MSU) 8-1
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (6,5,4,3,1,2)