March 13, 2012
ATHENS, Ga. - The No. 8/8 University of Georgia softball returns to Southeastern Conference play on Friday at home against Auburn. The Bulldogs are 21-4 on the season, 2-1 in the SEC, and are coming off loss to Georgia Tech.
- Georgia vs. Auburn; March 16 at 6:30 p.m.; Athens, Ga.
- Georgia vs. Auburn; March 17 at 2:30 p.m.; Athens, Ga.
- Georgia vs. Auburn; March 18 at 1:30 p.m.; Athens, Ga.
- Live stats will be available at www.georgiadogs.com
- Live audio will be available at www.georgiadogs.com
- Live video will be available for the Friday game at www.georgiadogs.com
- History Lesson: Georgia and Auburn enter this weekend having met 41 times on the diamond. The Bulldogs lead the series 28-13. Last season, Georgia took the first game 6-1 from the 25th-ranked Tigers, but Auburn bounced back with a pair of wins to close out the weekend and clinch the series 2-1. Georgia has won eight of the last 11 meetings between the two teams, including seven in a row from 2009-11.
- The Class of the SEC: As a team, Georgia ranks among the top half of the SEC in several offensive categories including: fielding percentage (4th), slugging percentage (4th), on base percentage (3rd), runs (4th), RBI (T3rd), home runs (T4th), walks drawn (4th), hit by pitches (2nd), sacrifice flies (1st), stolen bases (1st) and steal attempts (1st). The Bulldogs also rank among the top of the conference in pitching categories including: strikeouts issues (1st), wins (4th), runners picked off (1st) and fewest home runs allowed (T2nd).
- Shut `Em Out: Georgia has posted back-to-back shutouts for the third time this season in its 2-0 and 5-0 win over Mississippi State last weekend. In all, the Bulldogs have shut out nine of their opponents in 2011.
- Safely Reaching: Ashley Razey is riding an 12-game win streak of reaching base safely. It is currently, the longest streak of reaching safely on the team. Ashley Pauly is on a seven-game streak of reaching safely, while Gracie Goulder and Niaja Griffin have each reached safely in the past five games.