Sept. 3, 2011
JOHN'S CREEK, Ga.-----The Georgia men's tennis team won all six matches on the final day of the Georgia-Boise State Kickoff Classic at the Atlanta Athletic Club on Saturday.
The two teams played a total of 12 matches Friday and Saturday, with Georgia winning nine.
"We had a great day today," said Georgia associate head coach Will Glenn. "Our No. 1 doubles team continued to play well. Sadio (Doumbia) picked up his first win of the year, and our freshmen had a great day. Overall this was a great start to our season."
In doubles, Doumbia and Wil Spencer edged Scott Sears and James Meredith, 9-8(4), and Eric Diaz and Nathan Pasha earned their first career doubles win with an 8-5 win over Aidan Reid and Nathan Sereke.
In a matchup of the teams' top singles players, Spencer downed Meredith 6-4, 6-4 for a perfect 4-0 record on the weekend.
In other singles action, Doumbia defeated the Broncos' Sears 7-5, 6-2, and Pasha notched his second singles win, 7-5, 6-2 over Sereke. Diaz topped Reid 7-6(5), 6-2 for his first career singles win.
Both teams plan to attend the Georgia-Boise State football game Saturday night at the Georgia Dome.
Georgia-Boise State Kickoff Classic
Atlanta Athletic Club
John's Creek, Ga.
Day Two Results: Sept. 3
1. Sadio Doumbia/Wil Spencer (UGA) def. Scott Sears/James Meredith (BSU), 9-8(4)
2. Eric Diaz/Nathan Pasha (UGA) def. Aidan Reid/Nathan Sereke (BSU), 8-5
1. Wil Spencer (UGA) def. James Meredith (BSU), 6-4, 6-4
2. Sadio Doumbia (UGA) def. Scott Sears (BSU), 7-5, 6-2
3. Nathan Pasha (UGA) def. Nathan Sereke (BSU), 7-5, 6-2
4. Eric Diaz (UGA) def. Aidan Reid (BSU), 7-6(5), 6-2