Georgia Visits Lexington For Super Tuesday Date With Kentucky
Bulldogs Host Auburn Saturday in Stegeman
Bulldogs Return To Stegeman To Host Gamecocks
Bulldogs Play Baylor In Big 12/SEC Challenge Saturday
Bulldogs Travel To Baton Rouge For Super Tuesday
Georgia vs. Arkansas
Georgia vs.South Carolina
USATSI photos of men's basketball @ Auburn on Saturday, March 7, 2015.
Men's Basketball falls to No. 1 Kentucky, 72-64 ; Credit: USA Today (USATSI)
Men's Basketball defeats Ole Miss, 76-72; Credit: USA Today (USATSI)
• In Tennessee game Feb. 7, he became the 44th player in UGA history to reach 1,000 career points. Finished his career tied for 28th place on the school's list of all-time scorers.
• Is also one of just 19 players in UGA history to score 1,000 points and pull down 500 rebounds.
• Scored 35 points in two games vs. #1-ranked Kentucky, including team-high 18 in Athens on March 3.
• Nearly had a triple-double in Georgia’s win over Fla. Atlantic, with 8 pts., 10 rebs. and a career-best 8 assists. No UGA player has ever achieved a triple-double and it’s the closest any Bulldog in the past six years has come to the landmark.
• Parents Snezana and Ranko Djurisic, on their first U.S. visit from Montenegro, took in their first-ever UGA game Feb. 28 and participated in Senior Day recognition before Kentucky game on March 3 as well.
• Will graduate this May with his degree in International Affairs.
• Starter at the `4' position in three of 34 games.
• Emerged as the Bulldogs' top threat from 3-point range.
• Set new career scoring high of 22 points in Dogs' first win vs. South Carolina.
• Sank four of five 3-pointers, as well as another key deuce, in scoring 16 points in SEC season-opening win at Missouri.
• 19-point effort vs. Davidson included career highs in FGs made, 3FGs made & attempted.
• Tallied his second career double-double in season opener vs. Jacksonville.
• Scored a career-high 21 points in Bulldogs' win over Florida A&M.
• Followed FAMU game with team-high 17 points in win vs. George Washington.
• Contributed team-high 8 rebounds, as well as 7 pts. & 3 assists, in UGA's win over LSU.
• Has led the team in scoring thrice: vs. Fla. A&M (21 pts.), Texas A&M (13 pts.), & Alabama (14).
• Shot 41 percent from 3-point range during the SEC season.
• Scored the biggest FG of the OT period in home win over South Carolina.
• The Bulldogs' fifth-leading scorer at 7.0 points per game. His average in SEC play is 0.7 points higher.
• Started 12 games at the `4' position, including four of the last five games of the season. Started and contributed 12 points and seven boards in win over Florida.
• Made several key plays late in win over Tennessee. Played final 12 1/2 minutes of the game with four fouls.
• Lauded by Georgia coaches for his basketball smarts and overall skill set.
• Had the team's only double-double this season in SEC Tourney win over Miss. State.
• Played his senior season at South Kent School in South Kent, Conn.
• Averaged 20.1 points and 10.3 rebounds for the Cardinal, which went 18-14 last season.
• South Kent produced nine alumni that played in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, including a pair that faced Georgia, Isaiah Thomas and Matthew Bryan-Amaning of Washington.
• Also played in four straight Montenegrin national teams at the 2007-10 Under 18 European Championships.
Full Name: Nemanja Djurisic
Birthdate/Birthplace: Feb. 23, 1992 / Podgorica, Montenegro
Parents: Snezana Djurisic and Ranko Djurisic
Academic Major: International Relations and Affairs
Nickname: Nemi, Rocky
Favorite TV Show: Family Guy
Websites I most often visit: Facebook, Hautelook, You Tube
Favorite Beverage: Coca-Cola
Favorite Video Game: Pro Evolution Soccer
Favorite Academic Subject: Politics
Most Challenging Academic Subject: History
Non-Basketball Interests: I love to sing music from my home, Montenegro. I also love to watch movies
My role model away from sports: My mom
How my teammates would describe me:European with a funny accent
How I Would Describe Myself: Different, Cute, Tall, Athletic
Sport I'd Most Like to Try: Soccer
Non-Athletic Accomplishment I'm proudest of: Being a student here at the University of Georgia
Athletic Accomplishment I'm proudest of: Playing on my national teams
Most Famous Person I've Ever Met: Joakim Noah
My Most Prized Possession: High School diploma
Favorite Non-Basketball Athlete: Novak Djokovic because he is the best in his sport, and also because he is Serbian.
I Got Started Playing Basketball: My brother made me.
Best Friend on Another College Team: Aleksander Dobrovic, Southern New Hampshire Univ. and Nikola Maric, McCook College
When I Was Young and Playing Basketball, I Pretended I Was: Vlade Divac...always enjoyed watching him.
I First Got Interested in UGA: When I took my visit last spring.
I Chose to Attend UGA Because: I felt like I could fit really well on this team and help them get better. The school and the campus just felt like the perfect place for me to be.
The Thing I Like Most About Being Part of this Team: It's a very young and talented team that, with hard work, can surprise everyone in a positive way.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Ticket Home Page
- Student Tickets Information
- Buy Tickets Online
- Student Ticket Request
- Online Promo Codes
- Student Ticket Donation
- Wheelchair Accessible Seating
- Faculty Staff Tickets
- Player Guest Tickets
- Ticket Transfer/Donation
- Group Tickets
- Bulldog Club
- Bulldog Club Home
- Football Skysuites
- About the Club
- Football Priority Seating
- Donate Online
- Football Ticket Cutoff Scores
- Request Fund Information
- Georgia vs. Florida
- Contact the Club
- Sanford Stadium
- Turner Softball Field
- Butts Mehre Heritage Hall
- Turner Soccer Complex
- Stegeman Coliseum: MBB | WBB | GYM
- Ramsey Center
- Foley Field
- Magill Tennis Complex
- Indoor Athletic Facility
- Indoor Facility Construction Time Lapse
- All Facilities
- Things to Do
- Visiting Athens
- Game Promotions
- Campus Maps
- Fan Contests
- Driving Directions
- Charitable Requests
- Scoreboard Greetings
- Tailgating Policies