Bulldogs Trek To Saint Mary's For NIT 2nd-Round Matchup
Bulldogs Face Kentucky In SEC Semifinals
Bulldogs To Face Gamecocks SEC Quarterfinals
Surging Bulldogs Travel To Nashville For SEC Tournament
Georgia Ends Regular Season Against Alabama
Georgia vs. Arkansas
Georgia vs.South Carolina
USATSI photos of men's basketball @ Auburn on Saturday, March 7, 2015.
Men's Basketball falls to No. 1 Kentucky, 72-64 ; Credit: USA Today (USATSI)
Men's Basketball defeats Ole Miss, 76-72; Credit: USA Today (USATSI)
• In Tennessee game Feb. 7, he became the 44th player in UGA history to reach 1,000 career points. Finished his career tied for 28th place on the school's list of all-time scorers.
• Is also one of just 19 players in UGA history to score 1,000 points and pull down 500 rebounds.
• Scored 35 points in two games vs. #1-ranked Kentucky, including team-high 18 in Athens on March 3.
• Nearly had a triple-double in Georgia’s win over Fla. Atlantic, with 8 pts., 10 rebs. and a career-best 8 assists. No UGA player has ever achieved a triple-double and it’s the closest any Bulldog in the past six years has come to the landmark.
• Parents Snezana and Ranko Djurisic, on their first U.S. visit from Montenegro, took in their first-ever UGA game Feb. 28 and participated in Senior Day recognition before Kentucky game on March 3 as well.
• Will graduate this May with his degree in International Affairs.
• Starter at the `4' position in three of 34 games.
• Emerged as the Bulldogs' top threat from 3-point range.
• Set new career scoring high of 22 points in Dogs' first win vs. South Carolina.
• Sank four of five 3-pointers, as well as another key deuce, in scoring 16 points in SEC season-opening win at Missouri.
• 19-point effort vs. Davidson included career highs in FGs made, 3FGs made & attempted.
• Tallied his second career double-double in season opener vs. Jacksonville.
• Scored a career-high 21 points in Bulldogs' win over Florida A&M.
• Followed FAMU game with team-high 17 points in win vs. George Washington.
• Contributed team-high 8 rebounds, as well as 7 pts. & 3 assists, in UGA's win over LSU.
• Has led the team in scoring thrice: vs. Fla. A&M (21 pts.), Texas A&M (13 pts.), & Alabama (14).
• Shot 41 percent from 3-point range during the SEC season.
• Scored the biggest FG of the OT period in home win over South Carolina.
• The Bulldogs' fifth-leading scorer at 7.0 points per game. His average in SEC play is 0.7 points higher.
• Started 12 games at the `4' position, including four of the last five games of the season. Started and contributed 12 points and seven boards in win over Florida.
• Made several key plays late in win over Tennessee. Played final 12 1/2 minutes of the game with four fouls.
• Lauded by Georgia coaches for his basketball smarts and overall skill set.
• Had the team's only double-double this season in SEC Tourney win over Miss. State.
• Played his senior season at South Kent School in South Kent, Conn.
• Averaged 20.1 points and 10.3 rebounds for the Cardinal, which went 18-14 last season.
• South Kent produced nine alumni that played in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, including a pair that faced Georgia, Isaiah Thomas and Matthew Bryan-Amaning of Washington.
• Also played in four straight Montenegrin national teams at the 2007-10 Under 18 European Championships.
Full Name: Nemanja Djurisic
Birthdate/Birthplace: Feb. 23, 1992 / Podgorica, Montenegro
Parents: Snezana Djurisic and Ranko Djurisic
Academic Major: International Relations and Affairs
Nickname: Nemi, Rocky
Favorite TV Show: Family Guy
Websites I most often visit: Facebook, Hautelook, You Tube
Favorite Beverage: Coca-Cola
Favorite Video Game: Pro Evolution Soccer
Favorite Academic Subject: Politics
Most Challenging Academic Subject: History
Non-Basketball Interests: I love to sing music from my home, Montenegro. I also love to watch movies
My role model away from sports: My mom
How my teammates would describe me:European with a funny accent
How I Would Describe Myself: Different, Cute, Tall, Athletic
Sport I'd Most Like to Try: Soccer
Non-Athletic Accomplishment I'm proudest of: Being a student here at the University of Georgia
Athletic Accomplishment I'm proudest of: Playing on my national teams
Most Famous Person I've Ever Met: Joakim Noah
My Most Prized Possession: High School diploma
Favorite Non-Basketball Athlete: Novak Djokovic because he is the best in his sport, and also because he is Serbian.
I Got Started Playing Basketball: My brother made me.
Best Friend on Another College Team: Aleksander Dobrovic, Southern New Hampshire Univ. and Nikola Maric, McCook College
When I Was Young and Playing Basketball, I Pretended I Was: Vlade Divac...always enjoyed watching him.
I First Got Interested in UGA: When I took my visit last spring.
I Chose to Attend UGA Because: I felt like I could fit really well on this team and help them get better. The school and the campus just felt like the perfect place for me to be.
The Thing I Like Most About Being Part of this Team: It's a very young and talented team that, with hard work, can surprise everyone in a positive way.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Ticket Home Page
- Student Tickets Information
- Buy Tickets Online
- Student Ticket Request
- Online Promo Codes
- Student Ticket Donation
- Wheelchair Accessible Seating
- Faculty Staff Tickets
- Player Guest Tickets
- Ticket Transfer/Donation
- Group Tickets
- Bulldog Club
- Bulldog Club Home
- Football Skysuites
- About the Club
- Football Priority Seating
- Donate Online
- Football Ticket Cutoff Scores
- Request Fund Information
- Georgia vs. Florida
- Contact the Club
- Sanford Stadium
- Turner Softball Field
- Butts Mehre Heritage Hall
- Turner Soccer Complex
- Stegeman Coliseum: MBB | WBB | GYM
- Volleyball Arena
- Foley Field
- Magill Tennis Complex
- Indoor Athletic Facility
- Indoor Facility Construction Time Lapse
- All Facilities
- Things to Do
- Visiting Athens
- Game Promotions
- Campus Maps
- Fan Contests
- Driving Directions
- Charitable Requests
- Scoreboard Greetings
- Tailgating Policies