• Emerged as a key player during the SEC schedule’s latter half.
• Career highlight thus far -- his game-winning FG with :07 left in overtime -- capped an overall solid outing of eight points and 10 boards in win at Alabama on Feb. 21.
• Little used through the non-conference schedule -- and even slowed by a bout with the flu -- Forte emerged to play a key role for Georgia in 2OT loss at LSU. Played then-career-high 24 minutes and scored 10 points.
• Only starting assignment of the season came Feb. 17 vs. South Carolina. Contributed eight points and six rebounds in a career-high 28 minutes.
• Also played important roles in Georgia’s early-SEC season 5-game win streak.
• Earned starting assignments in seven of 33 games.
• Georgia's scoring (14) and rebounding (8) leader in non-conference finale vs. Geo. Washington.
• The most productive of Georgia's reserves in season-opening win over Wofford. Contributed nine points and a pair of rebounds in 16 minutes.
• Had 10 points and seven boards in 18 minutes of exhibition win over UNC-Pembroke.
• Other double-figure scoring game was a 10-point night vs. Davidson.
Prep / Juco Highlights
• Will have three years' eligibility remaining at Georgia.
• Forte averaged a team-high 22.5 points in 2013 for Howard College, which went 30-7 and reached the quarterfinals of the NJCAA tournament in Hutchinson, Kan.
• That average ranked fourth nationally among all Division I junior college players.
• Also averaged 7.5 rebounds and shot 63 percent from the field during his only season with the Hawks.
• Before the season Forte was ranked as the No. 33 junior college prospect in the country, by Jucorecruiting.com.
• After the season he was named to the NJCAA All-Region V team.
• Graduated in 2012 from McClintock High School in Tempe, where he scored 36.2 points and pulled down 12.7 rebounds for a team that reached the Arizona Class 4A state championship game.
• Was twice been named to the All-Arizona team by the Arizona Republic newspaper, and as a junior he was named the area Player of the Year by the East Valley Tribune in Tempe.
• Full Name: Cameron Dakota Forte
• Birthdate/Birthplace: June 26, 1993 in Phoenix, Ariz.
• Nickname: Smoothiewhatup
• Academic Major:Sociology
• Favorite TV Show: Teen Wolf
• Websites I Have Bookmarked: ESPN, Twitter
• Favorite Video Games: NBA 2K
• Favorite Foods: Mexican
• Non-Basketball Interests: Music and Art
• Role Models: My dad
• Proudest Athletic Accomplishment: Winning state in high school, All-Arizona top 5 in state
• Favorite Academic Subject: English
• Most Challenging Subject: Math
• Pre-Game Rituals: Listening to music
• Post-Game Rituals: Praying
• Sport I'd Most Like to Try: Football
• Superstitions: I do the same thing every game; switch up if we lose.
• Teammate Who Makes Me Laugh Hardest: Kenny Gaines
• My Most Prized Possession: State championship ring
• When I was young and playing ball, I pretended I was: Allen Iverson
• Favorite NBA Team: New York Knicks
• Favorite NBA Player: Carmelo Anthony
• Favorite Non-Basketball Athlete: Peyton Manning
• I Chose My Jersey Number Because: There were no other good numbers available.
• I Chose to Attend UGA Because: It was a great opportunity to be surrounded with good people and great coaches that help to put players into the next level.
• What Drives Me to Excel in Basketball: Family, Goals, Future