Named for Georgia's long-time kicking coach and chairman of the Georgia Student Educational Fund, the award has been given annually since 1992 and recognizes former Georgia student-athletes who have demonstrated excellence in their profession and/or in service to others by 20 or more years of superior performance after graduation. Only former varsity athletes who have received a baccalaureate degree from Georgia can be considered for the award.
Criteria for Bill Hartman Award
• University of Georgia Varsity Student-Athlete
• Have received Baccalaureate degree from UGA
• Distinguished themselves as alumni
• Demonstrated excellence in his or her profession and/or in service to others by twenty or more years of superior performance after graduation.
• Nomination information reviewed and selection made by the UGA Faculty Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics
• Faculty Chairman for Athletics is chairperson of the Selection Committee
• Athletic Director is an exofficio member of the committee.
1992 Billy Payne
1992 Fran Tarkenton
1993 Gov. Carl Sanders
1993 Tom Cousins
1994 Dan Magill
1995 Billy Henderson
1996 Lt. Gov. Pierre Howard
1997 Jimmy Gabrielsen
1998 Dr. Andy Roddenbery
1999 Hilton Young, Jr.
2000 Dr. Becky Birchmore Campen
2001 Dr. Tommy Lawhorne
2002 Dr. Tommy Lyons
2003 Dr. Robert E. Dicks, III
2004 William Young
2005 Judge Aaron Cohn
2006 Keith McSwain
2007 Mack Guest, III
2008 Kathy McMinn
2009 Frank P. Ros
2010 Teresa Edwards
2011 Jack Bauerle
2012 Dr. Franklin Roosevelt (Rosey) Gilliam III
2013 David Boyd